United Way of Washington County engages, convenes, and mobilizes community resources to address root causes of local health and human service needs. We do this by:
- Bringing the community together to prioritize needs and set a vision of a better future
- Convening groups to develop and select strategies and focus on initiative action plans
- Raising funds through our annual campaign while also mobilizing other local, regional, state and national resources to execute change for improved community conditions
- Measuring and evaluating results of community improvement initiatives
- Communicating information about critical needs within our communities and how people can help make a difference
United Way of Washington County's Mobilizing Communities strategy engages communities to create lasting positive changes to community conditions. Our work focuses on three impact areas: Education, Financial Stability, and Health. These are the building blocks for a good life for all – a quality education that leads to a stable job, enough income to support a family, and resources for good health.